News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule

Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule

deadparrot
#1Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 2:20pm

The Fox's 2007-08 Broadway Subscription Series

"The Rat Pack — Live at the Sands"
Oct. 2-14

"The Drowsy Chaperone"
Oct. 30-Nov. 11

"Wicked"
Dec. 12-Jan. 6

"Avenue Q"
Feb. 12-24

"The Wedding Singer"
March 11-23

"Jersey Boys"
April 23-May 18

2007-08 off-subscription specials

"Rent"
Oct. 19-21

"Annie"
Nov. 20-25

"A Christmas Carol"
Nov. 29-Dec. 2

"High School Musical"
Jan. 8-13

"Blast!"
Jan. 18-20

"Jesus Christ Superstar"
Feb. 1-3

"Mamma Mia!"
June 3-8

http://tinyurl.com/2au2p7

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 2:32pm

So they are re-open after the flooding?!

I'm THRILLED!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

COOOOLkid
#2re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 4:31pm

Wow. I think they have the best lineup compared to many other theatres!

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#3re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 4:34pm

There's a tour of "Blast!" going around?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#4re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 4:58pm

The theater alone is worth the price of admission. Ditto for the Detroit Fox which is an exact duplicate. It is hard to believe the man who designed these theaters which are lavish beyond belief also designed the little Music Box theater

His name was C Howard Crane . Crane did many georgeous theaters & most, sorry to say, are gone. Some of his lost ones are Brooklyn Fox & United Artists (Chicago)

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 4/29/07 at 04:58 PM

JustChillin8908
#5re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 5:55pm

Too bad not many shows come to the Detroit Foxre: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule

nathanlaneismyhero Profile Photo
nathanlaneismyhero
#6re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 6:17pm

Makes me wish I was back in STL and not in Chicago. Stuff like that never came through when I lived there.

Hold me touch me, Hold me touch me... Kiss me feel me, Yank me spank me, Suck me fu... ah! Hold me touch me!

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#7re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 6:18pm

I have to agree that the Fox is one of the nicest theatres! Every time I go there, I notice something different, and I love the Egyptian theme throughout! I also love the special organ that plays before and after the show in the lobby!

Kringas
#8re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 6:26pm

So they are re-open after the flooding?!

When were they closed?

Personally, I always thought the Fox was just a terrible place for theatre. That teeny tiny stage in the midst of that gigantic auditorium? No thanks.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#9re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 6:40pm

The style of the Fox is Byzantine

The big pillars look like something out of a train station

Poster Emeritus

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#10re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/29/07 at 9:23pm

After seeing shows in NYC, the Fox does seem a bit huge. A seat in the rear mezzanine at the Fox is like a seat across the street in New York! It is a beautiful theatre, though, and a great season.
They're really trying to build up the "theatre district" in midtown, bringing better newer shows through here. Thank God!

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#11re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/30/07 at 2:26pm

*bump*

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:26pm

Avenue Q is touring? So the controversy regarding their Tony win is finally being put to rest?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

#13re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:56pm

"Makes me wish I was back in STL and not in Chicago. Stuff like that never came through when I lived there."

Are you really that anxious to see the "Rat Pack" musical? I can't imagine Chicago won't be getting Q, Drowsy & Wedding Singer.

#14re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/30/07 at 4:56pm

"Makes me wish I was back in STL and not in Chicago. Stuff like that never came through when I lived there."

Are you really that anxious to see the "Rat Pack" musical? I can't imagine Chicago won't be getting Q, Drowsy & Wedding Singer.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#15re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 4/30/07 at 6:25pm

To Nathan Lane

In Chicago you have the Chicago, Oriental, a still standing Uptown & the New Regal ((originally known as the Avalon)

I wish NY had these. All the picture palaces in Times Square are gone . The old Loews Mayfair (De Mille) is on a death watch & the Hellinger (Warners Hollywood) is a church

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 4/30/07 at 06:25 PM

nathanlaneismyhero
#16re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 12:40am

Oh, I wasn't complaining about the theatre's here in Chicago, they're great! Unfortunately, St. Louis only has one big theatre and it doesn't usually get a lot. I am very glad that I decided to go to school in Chicago, it has been a great experience!

Hold me touch me, Hold me touch me... Kiss me feel me, Yank me spank me, Suck me fu... ah! Hold me touch me!

Fosse76
#17re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 10:21am

"Are you really that anxious to see the "Rat Pack" musical? I can't imagine Chicago won't be getting Q, Drowsy & Wedding Singer."

Not to mention Wicked is about to complete its SECOND year here and Spelling Bee is about to wrap-up after its run of a year and a half. I wouldn't be surprised if Broadway in Chicago is waiting for Spelling Bee to close before they book Avenue Q, because the Drury Lane would be a good house for it. Of course to say nothing of the already sold-out Jersey Boys and the currently running The Color Purple. Gee, why doesn't Chicago ever get any shows!

Kringas
#18re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 10:30am

I see what he was saying (and never did I read it as "Chicago doesn't get anything"), as it is a really good season by St Louis standards, the Rat Pack show and High School Musical notwithstanding.

Personally, I think these long Chicago runs are a bit of a double-edged sword for the BWW-type of theatergoer. It's great that Wicked has had such a long and healthy run, but there are a finite amount of theatres here and with more and more them being booked for long runs, it limits the variety of what we get.

#19re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 10:41am

I agree Kringas-- the major problem in Chicago right now is a lack of theaters. I wish we could get the Vic back in rotation. I think the last show to play there was a Michael Butler Hair Anniversary show about a decade ago.

Fosse76
#20re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 10:41am

Up until these long runs, Broadway in Chicago was hardly booking anything for any length of time. In fact, during any giving booking, there would be three other empty theatres. It would be rare that any two theatres were occupied at the same time. Chicago has ALWAYS had a history of lengthy runs, and that was when there were even LESS houses to book shows into. When Broadway in Chicago was formed, long runs seemed to stop, and we were lucky for a show to be here longer than a month.

Kringas
#21re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 10:46am

I only know from the time I've been here, with Wicked and Spelling Bee running seemingly forever, but since the tours for Drowsy and Q have been announced, and we ain't on 'em , it does seem like the longer running shows might be a hinderance.

At least we got Legends and Camelot, right?

nathanlaneismyhero
#22re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 12:09pm

Oh man, I give up. No I am not excited about seeing High School Musical. I'm just saying that for the 22 years that I spent in St. Louis, we rarely got shows that big to come through town, so it figures that it would happen once I leave. I know that the shows will come through Chicago, thank you. That wasn't the point.

theminutepast
#23re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 2:55pm

So far Drowsy will play in these cities at least (Yay for Cleveland!!):

After the tour launches at Toronto's Elgin Theatre (Sept. 19-Oct. 14), Drowsy will play more than 30 cities in the United States, including Cleveland, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Atlanta, Hartford, Pittsburgh, St. Paul, Houston and Los Angeles. Casting and the complete itinerary will be announced in the coming months.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/107531.html

Fosse76
#24re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
Posted: 5/1/07 at 3:12pm

I think Broadway in Chicago is waiting to see what happens with Jersey Boys and The Color Purple and whether or not those will become open-ended runs. Spelling Bee, if my informant is correct, is technically no longer a Broadway in Chicago show, so if Drury Lane decides to keep it going, they wouldn't be able to book Avenue Q there (not that I think they are considering it, though it's the ideal location for that show). Avenue Q would really get lost in The Auditorium Theatre, as would The Drowsy Chaperone. Personally, I think they should have placed the Open-run of Wicked at The Auditorium.

Videos