News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Evil Dead the Musical

MandaGurl
#1Evil Dead the Musical
Posted: 12/17/06 at 2:31pm

This board needs some Evil Dead the musical love! Its a fantastic show. I had such a good time both times I went and am going again this week. So yes! Evil Dead love anyone?

-Amanda*

"No, this is the touch of class, not the touch of what you just said." -The Wedding Singer "Its like my mother always used to say, whenever you hear a strange and possible life-threatening noise coming from the dark woods outide,there is only one thing you should do. Dont tell any of the others and go invsetigate it alone." All the men in my life keep getting killed by Candarian demons, all my college boyfriends and my one night stands, my male co-workers and platonic gay friends (HEY)." -EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#2re: Evil Dead the Musical
Posted: 12/17/06 at 3:04pm

I'm seeing it on Thursday on a field trip. I'll possibly be sitting in splatter seats.

lightguy06222
#3re: Evil Dead the Musical
Posted: 12/18/06 at 1:50am

LOVED it... an evening of pure fun!

ohh... and cant WAIT for the recording...

Off-Broadway's Evil Dead The Musical heads to the studio to record its
original cast recording on Sunday, December 17. This original cast recording will be released by Time Life (in-store date TBA).

Evil Dead The Musical features Jennifer Byrne, Jenna Coker, Renée Klapmeyer, Tom Walker, Ryan Ward, Brandon Wardell, Ryan Williams and Darryl Winslow. Directed by three-time Tony(r)-winner Hinton Battle and Christopher Bond, the show has book and lyrics by George Reinblatt, music by Frank Cipolla, Christopher Bond, Melissa Morris and George Reinblatt with music supervision by Frank Cipolla and choreography by Hinton Battle.

"Not your typical boy-meets-girl-meets demon comedy, Evil Dead The Musical is based on Sam Raimi's 80s cult-classic horror films and features uproarious musical numbers like 'All the Men in my Life Keep Getting Killed by Candarian Demons,' 'Look Who's Evil Now' and 'Do the Necronomicon.'"

The production includes set by Tony(r)-winner David Gallo, costumes by Cynthia Nordstrom, lighting by Jason Lyons and sound by Peter Fitzgerald and Kevin Lacy, with makeup and special effects by Louis Zakarian. Evil Dead The Musical is presented by Jenkay LLC, Jeffrey Latimer Entertainment and Just For Laughs Live.

For more ticket information, visit www.EvilDeadTheMusical.com.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#4re: Evil Dead the Musical
Posted: 12/18/06 at 7:38am

I LOVE Evil Dead: The Musical!!! Saw this one on Saturday 11PM...and all I can say is:

WHAT THE FU** WAS THAT!!! LOL! HAHAHA I really loved it! They are coming out with a cast album soon right??

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#5re: Evil Dead the Musical
Posted: 12/18/06 at 11:27am

i have to agree that this show really is special. so utterly campy and fun. even if you haven't seen the movie you could appreciate it. the score is great too!

when the house was talking to them, i knew i was sold

Videos