News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16

DeeKDee
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/28/16 at 4:48pm

Good to see She Loves Me maintaining last week's attendance at 97%, even with some discounting.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/28/16 at 4:50pm

Are those good numbers for Fun Home?

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/28/16 at 4:53pm

It's not a big amount, but every week I'm glad to see The Humans do a little bit better. I wasn't sure if such a small play could survive on Broadway, but this far it seems do be doing well. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

AEA AGMA SM
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/28/16 at 8:31pm

nasty_khakis said: "Stew123 said: "Waitress is very impressive given the average ticket price of $130!"

Well, when you don't offer rush or discounts...lol
"

Granted it was only three performances, but when you are above 100% for both your gross potential and capacity it shows that they won in the gamble to not offer rush or discounts from the get go. I'll be curious to see if they maintain those kinds of numbers for any length of time.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:49am

Fun Home is still doing great. They've recouped, so as long as they're making their nut, then it's all profit. 

And yeah for The Humans! Maybe a front-runner for Best Play. Surprised only because I feel like there's no "buzz" on the show, but people seem to be seeing it. So word of mouth must be good! 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:57am

RippedMan said: "Surprised only because I feel like there's no "buzz" on the show,"

Seriously? I feel like there is a TON of buzz. At least on this message board and among the critics. Personally I think it's getting significantly more buzz than it deserves, but I seem to be in the minority there. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:01am

"A ton of buzz" next to "this message board" and "the critics" sounds rather oxymoronic. Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:11am

Buzz meaning I've heard no one talking about it on the street, seen no one with a Playbill walking around, none of my friends have posted about it, etc. I'm not digging at the show. I rather enjoyed it off-Broadway, if a little ho-hum, but I'm happy to see an original work carving out an audience on Bway.

neonlightsxo
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/27/16
Posted: 3/29/16 at 9:20am

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Are those good numbers for Fun Home?"

Not awful. could be better.

Videos