News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15

A1st
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:25pm

Still feel that the next show for the Neaderlander is Hunchback, so they don't need to force out Honeymoon In Vegas, because Hunchback is not coming this season

bryan
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:39pm

new shows are on fire but some old shows too but photm of the opera need to colesd today

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 8:41pm

Welcome back, Bryan!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 9:23pm

They could also go with the old classic "...at a Nederlander Theater to be announced shortly" - giving Honeymoon the chance to not post their bad news immediately after Hamilton's good news, or vice versa.

Either way, the next 36 hours definitely should be interesting with all this Hamilton business. Updated On: 2/23/15 at 09:23 PM

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 9:31pm

Looking at the availability for Honeymoon this week, it looks like the next 36 hours will indeed be interesting!

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 10:13pm

lol Hamilton is going into the Rodgers...no Honeymoon is not closing

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 10:19pm

That seems like a very, very good number for Cabaret to me. Especially considering Sienna Miller isn't exactly a household name. I do wish it wasn't closing, I would have loved to see who they could have gotten to replace Miller and Cumming.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 10:19pm

Phillypinto, lol
Updated On: 2/23/15 at 10:19 PM

GreasedLightning
#33Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 10:21pm

Especially considering Miller missed a performance to attend the Oscars last night. Seems like they had all eight performances, though. But for her first week in the show and for missing one performance, that number doesn't look bad to me.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#34Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:08pm

Does anyone know if Jackie was for idina in if/then on Sunday or did they just close the show?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Pootie2
#35Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:10pm

Jackie was on.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Phillypinto
#36Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:24pm

ethan231h, whats so funny

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#37Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:37pm

To slightly enlarge the VEGAS topic, it seems as if no one can accept the idea that a Times endorsement didn't pull audience. The opposite of the SIDE SHOW situation, where it was clear rather early the review had almost no impact. Here, the sense seems to be: if we got the Times review, we must run. Must. Have to. Are entitled to. If we get to the Tony's, we will turn around. It's very old school, if decidedly narrow: a Times rave equals a hit. Period. This show, and the aforementioned one I much preferred at the St. James proved the Times will not convince any consumer to buy a ticket to a show that isn't attractive to him.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

GreasedLightning
#38Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:42pm

Maybe the Times is feeding it money to keep it running as to not destroy their reputation...

HAH. Kidding, of course Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15

Pootie2
#39Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:45pm

A summary of demographic bits supplied by Davenport via Broadway League:

* In 2007-2008, 38% of theatregoers were prompted to buy tickets by advertising.
* In 2013-2014, 25% of theatregoers were prompted to buy tickets by advertising.

* In 2007-2008, word of mouth was cited as the strongest factor in deciding to purchase tickets.
* In 2013-2014, personal recommendation was cited as the strongest factor in deciding to purchase tickets by musical goers and a specific performer was cited as the strongest factor in deciding to purchase tickets by straight-play goers.

Hm.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#40Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/23/15 at 11:56pm

^Wow. (Thank you for that.)

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Pootie2
#41Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:23am

One big missing tidbit in the summary is where "reviews" fall in terms of persuading ticket buyers, since it's not the top reason for a majority of patrons according to the Broadway League. I tried to do a little digging on the BL site, but the full report is $25, and that ain't happening. :)

What's interesting is that if "word of mouth" is general buzz, and taking into account the decreased power of buzz alongside the reduced RoI of advertising over time, then perhaps information overload is happening with the wider usage of media venues including social media? Maybe people are just tired of it and are relying on their own personal circles as filters.

I mean, only 25% of theater patrons were actually affected by advertising. Will that number keep falling? How much are these shows spending on advertising these days? I'd venture to guess more than in previous seasons, which is sobering in light of the data.

Phillypinto
#42Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:33am

the times review clearly hasn't done much for them, however they have been marketing the show better, and waiting for nominations. If they get there, perform at the Tonys, I think they have a real shot, and can turn things around

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#43Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:38am

ON THE TOWN producers need to take heed. With the buzz on 20th Century sounding so good, they may lose the top prize to them. In addition, if HAMILTON does open this season, I can guarantee you that Blankenbeuhler will take that trophy before it reaches Bergasse's hands.

Phillypinto
#44Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:03am

Honestly, i don't see any show sweeping anything this season except the king and I with the design awards. Other than that, It is such a strong season for new musicals. If Hamilton does come in, I don't think it will sweep. Kander and Ebb apparently wrote a VERY strong score for the Visit, and obviously Tesori did as well for Fun Home. Finding Neverland, Doctor Zhivago, and Honeymoon in Vegas, and The Last Ship are also great tuneful scores.

neonlightsxo
#45Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:58pm

Honeymoon numbers are at an all time low. Lowest they've ever been. Meaning the review not only "hasn't done much for them", it has done nothing.

Also, if you say Hamilton won't sweep, it's clear you haven't seen Hamilton.

neonlightsxo
#46Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 12:58pm

Honeymoon numbers are at an all time low. Lowest they've ever been. Meaning the review not only "hasn't done much for them", it has done nothing.

Also, if you say Hamilton won't sweep, it's clear you haven't seen Hamilton.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#47Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:14pm

Hamilton would be weakest in design categories, particularly up against what will surely be a sumptuous revival of King and I and the art deco glamor of On the Twentieth Century.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phillypinto
#48Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:16pm

I haven't seen Hamilton, but I do know that Fun Home is a fantastic show. I wouldn't count this out yet. Im not counting out The Visit either because barely anybody has seen it! And no matter how good Hamilton is, Fun Home is still taking home Leading Actor, and The Visit is taking home Leading Actress, and The King and I is taking all of the design awards. Doesn't really seem like Hamilton can sweep with its competition

brdway411
#49Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/22/15
Posted: 2/24/15 at 1:20pm

I have seen Hamilton. I don't think it will sweep. It's good but not great. Think they should hold off and smooth over some of the rough spots. Also needs a smaller theater.

Videos