News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#100BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:15pm

I said mixed to positive? because there are a few more positive things in that review than negative...but it is still a mixed review leaning towards positive (though linda w. seems shocked that she is leaning that way in the review)

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#101BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:15pm

A lot of UK fringe stuff and UK premieres of Off Broadway shows, nothing on the scale of Broadway shows.......never would i want to produce or direct anything there....i would have a nervous breakdown

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

massofmen
#102BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:16pm

lol!!! nice

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#103BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:17pm

Talkin' Broadway:

Only read a bit of it but it doesn't look positive.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/world/index.html

Just give the world Love.

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#104BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:20pm

Personally I thought the show was just OK and the acting really stood out. I'm not wishing the show any ill will, but these reviews are looking only slightly better than Wonderland (not saying much.) Does anyone else think the show may not last and Jeremy Jordan does make it to Newsies?

So shall it be written, so shall it be done !

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#105BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:20pm

PopAria....I like the positive vibe just gave Bonnie and Clyde..I agree it will do fine over the holidays. I've been in the airline industry for almost 20 years and people on the NY flights always ask about what shows to see. Of course some shows are just better then others, no questions asked. My personal review is that I'm giving Bonnie and Clyde a thumbs up and will continue too when working those NY flights! Not that my word of mouth is going to make or break the show, but the show really isn't bad. It's quite enjoyable with songs that stick in your head.

massofmen
#106BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:22pm

do you work on American? cause if so you won't be giving word of mouth to many people for long.

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#107BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:25pm

Nope not American....my screen name should give you a hint though!

massofmen
#108BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:26pm

ohhh southwest!!! nice..

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#109BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:28pm

American Airlines may last longer than B&C.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#111BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:34pm

The Hollywood Reporter is mixed to negative:

Many individual scenes engage, but overall the show is stubbornly unexciting. Given that the outcome is no surprise  which is reconfirmed by opening with the protagonists being showered with bullets in their Ford convertible  the story needs danger and suspense.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/bonnie-clyde-theater-review-268435

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

massofmen
#112BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:36pm

how is this mixed? the show is boring it says..i don't get how thats not negative? because the leads are cute?

srg129
#113BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:37pm

As if anyone reads the WSJ for theater reviews. LOL. I think they are probably more concerned with the Occupeers and Occupoopers of the OWS (and insert any other city) protests. Anyone with half a mind wouldn't take any credence to the opinions of a theater critic on their staff. You might as well have a liberal arts college undergrad writing theater reviews. The only reason people read the WSJ is only concerned with the stock ticker regardless of the rest of the content.

massofmen
#114BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:39pm

srg i had no idea that you knew everyone who read the WSJ. amazing..
i have many many friends in the finance industry who read the WSJ for theater reviews because they are bankers who are married who take their kids and wives to see shows.

srg129
#115BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:44pm

Well I have many stockbroker friends and various financial industry friends that are still puzzled as to why they have a reporter covering "the arts". Many of them think of that filler as waste.

massofmen
#116BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:46pm

its amazing that people read different things in newspapers.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#117BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:51pm

how is this mixed? the show is boring it says..i don't get how thats not negative? because the leads are cute?

He has positive things to say regarding the music and the leads.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#118BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 9:55pm

unlike wonderland they do have some pull quotes for advertising from these reviews...

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#119BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:00pm

^Wonderland had some too. There were two or three witty creations taken out of context.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#120BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:00pm

Philadelphia Inquirer is mixed.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/arts/20111130_Broadway_Review__Bonnie___Clyde.html

"If ever a show was enlarged and lifted by its cast, Bonnie & Clyde is it"

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#121BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:02pm

Yes, I remember the ones for Wonderland taken out of context...these can actually be used in context (mostly about the cast) but there are a few things that have praised about the production.

Mattbrain
#122BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:03pm

"unlike wonderland they do have some pull quotes for advertising from these reviews..."

This is true.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#123BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:05pm

Positive/mixed from Theater Mania:

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/reviews/12-2011/bonnie-and-clyde_45618.html

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

massofmen
#124BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
Posted: 12/1/11 at 10:08pm

how is this positive? it says "it rarely rises above mediocrity" .

Videos