News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9 to 5 Seating

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#19 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:26pm

Hey Folks,

I will be in LA during the 9 to 5 run and was wondering about seating at the Ahmanson. Is the balcony horrible? I would pay more for seats but my companions would rather the cheap seats. Thanks!

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#2re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:32pm

I didn't get to see 9 to 5 there but I have seen quite a few shows at the Ahmanson, all but one from the balcony, and I find it just fine. It's kind of high up and everything but for the price I find it worth it. And I have literally sat in the last row of the theater on the extreme side and felt perfectly fine and enjoyed the show.

Hope you get to see it and have fun!

thesondhead Profile Photo
thesondhead
#2re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:32pm

I've been in the Ahmanson balcony a lot, and, while it isn't HORRIBLE, it is very high up and pretty far from the stage. Everything is still visible, and you actually get a very good view of the entire space. I don't have a problem sitting in the balcony.

"I am a camera with its shutter open, quite passive, recording, not thinking...someday all of this will have to be developed, carefully printed, fixed." - Christopher Isherwood

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#3re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 5:42pm

Thanks! I'll do it! I am SO excited for this show. Dolly is the world to me!

mygfdontliveincanada Profile Photo
mygfdontliveincanada
#4re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 6:02pm

I just saw 9 to 5 last night from the balcony, and while the show was fun, the view wasn't. The set for the office scenes (and 75% of the show takes place in the office) consists of these lighting strips that hang down like halogen lights in office buildings. They blocked my view of almost anything that was upstage. On top of that, the acoustics weren't that great up there. Cough up the extra cash for mezzanine or orchestra seats.

chad2 Profile Photo
chad2
#5re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 6:26pm

Oh no ,I purchased seats in Row G balcony. too late!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#6re: 9 to 5 Seating
Posted: 9/17/08 at 8:00pm

FYI - They will sell whatever balcony seats they have left on the day of for the hot tix price of $20. I don't know at what point of the day/evening they decide to extend that offer, but it's a great price if you want to take your chances.

PS - Chad, if Dolly is the world to you I think you'll be smiling too hard to care at the time of the show. ENJOY! :) Updated On: 9/17/08 at 08:00 PM

Videos