News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2017 TONY Awards Performances- Page 16

2017 TONY Awards Performances

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#3752017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:39pm

The Creative awards are usually given out during the commercial breaks, so not sure if there's someone out there to stream those.  It would be cool though.  I miss the Tony Awards streaming the creative awards before the ceremony.  

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

JBC3
#3762017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:40pm

tomwsjr said: "This is such a waisted opportunity and bad for broadway.  Bette as Dolly is the biggest theatre event of the season.  Not showcasing her at the Tony's is rediculius.  I'm sure the reason is because Bette is refusing to rehearse,which is a shame.  This will leave a bad impression and will result in a lack of future tickets sold.  

"

Yes, I am sure the producers are quivering about the massive drop in box office you portend.
Not. Gonna. Happen.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#3772017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:42pm

I don't think it's a bad idea to sing "Seeing You." It's sort of like DEH's "Waving Through a Window" -- a simple song that doesn't lose anything if taken out of context. And Andy Karl will kill it. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3782017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:29pm

Face to Face from War Paint!!! Can't wait!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#3792017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:38pm

@Robbie.. I guess we can accept we are not getting the surprise we were hoping for.  By This point it would have leaked.  The internet streaming thing is not happening for me .  I will have to wait for the West Coast feed.  Going to 420 and popping in a movie.. because I don't know what else to do for 4 hours.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3802017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:47pm

DAME said: "@Robbie.. I guess we can accept we are not getting the surprise we were hoping for.  By This point it would have leaked.  The internet streaming thing is not happening for me .  I will have to wait for the West Coast feed.  Going to 420 and popping in a movie.. because I don't know what else to do for 4 hours.

"Hello, Dame...fun night ahead regardless~

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#3812017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 6:56pm

Always.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

10086Sundays
#3822017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 7:24pm

coreman009 said: "Ugh why is Groundhog Day doing the finale and not Day One? It's a really sweet way to end the show after the journey, but it's not a good way to sell the show (or Andy Karl). "

Day One(which is actually 3 different songs) is too complex and long for the Tonys. I also don't any small portion would sell the show well. The truth is none of GHD's songs really represent the show well. It's the sum of it's parts and not one where you can just pull out a piece. 

I was hoping they'd at least do One Day or If I Had My Time Again leading into Seeing You, but Seeing You alone is fine. It features Andy, even if it doesn't let him show off his voice, and doesn't contain the crude/juvenile jokes some of the other songs do which misrepresent the show. 

Notreallysilent 2
#3832017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:10pm

I am just wondering weren't people saying that Groundhog Day was doing a medley? And didn't people even say they saw them coreographing the one day scene. I'm just wondering because it seems as though they are only doing seeing you

10086Sundays
#3842017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 9:21pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I am just wondering weren't people saying that Groundhog Day was doing a medley? And didn't people even say they saw them coreographing the one day scene. I'm just wondering because it seems as though they are only doing seeing you"

That was a guess, based on cast instagrams that turned out to be wrong. 

rg7759
#3852017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/23/17 at 10:37am

just very disappointed with the choices that were made, literally no attempt to catch the majority of the tv auidience from the start of the show. normally the criticism is the opposite, only focusing on getting the most viewers. last years show translated so well on tv, and this is one of the best seasons that hardly came across on tv at all. i cant blame anyone for changing the channel early.

Videos