News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2017 TONY Awards Performances- Page 15

2017 TONY Awards Performances

rjm516
#3502017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 8:11am

Lolol at a Prologue-opening with "And Dolly isn't heeeere" would be so brilliant.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3512017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 9:37am

A fan in the performance confirmed they're doing Balaga/The Abduction

http://brightlights-and-cityscapes.tumblr.com/post/161548700741/woah-thats-so-cool-congrats-i-hadnt-heard

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#3522017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 10:09am

Valentina3 said: "I want a Carlotta gif saying "will she sing? will she sing?" and paste it next to a picture of Bette Midler."

YES! laugh

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

tomwsjr
#3532017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 11:35am

This is such a waisted opportunity and bad for broadway.  Bette as Dolly is the biggest theatre event of the season.  Not showcasing her at the Tony's is rediculius.  I'm sure the reason is because Bette is refusing to rehearse,which is a shame.  This will leave a bad impression and will result in a lack of future tickets sold.  

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#3542017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:14pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "A fan in the performance confirmed they're doing Balaga/The Abduction

http://brightlights-and-cityscapes.tumblr.com/post/161548700741/woah-thats-so-cool-congrats-i-hadnt-heard

"

No cutaway to Dust and Ashes? That's interesting. Though I guess it makes sense not to show off Josh when he's leaving in a month. Maybe they'll squeeze Denée in there somehow, though. 

Updated On: 6/10/17 at 12:14 PM

10086Sundays
#3552017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:51pm

tomwsjr said: "This is such a waisted opportunity and bad for broadway.  Bette as Dolly is the biggest theatre event of the season.  Not showcasing her at the Tony's is rediculius.  I'm sure the reason is because Bette is refusing to rehearse,which is a shame.  This will leave a bad impression and will result in a lack of future tickets sold."

it won't hurt the box office at all. Outside of the small world of the theatre obessed, this is a non-story. They'll see her get her award if they see anything from the Tony broadcast at all.

All that matters are the billboards and ads saying "Bette Midler in Hello Dolly" and they will come. Like moths to a flame. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3562017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 11:34am

Will they be doing bumpers again? I was a big fan of them last year

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3572017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 12:34pm

Still nothing about COME FROM AWAY. Guess it'll be a surprise what they're doing. Several cast members have pics posted from their rehearsal, but can't make anything out of them.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

froote
#3582017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 1:53pm

According to someone who was at the dress rehearsal:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Kevin Spacey Opening Number

Come From Away - Welcome to the Rock

Miss Saigon - This is the Hour/I'd Give My Life For You

Falsettos - A Day in Falsettoland

Dear Evan Hansen - Waving Through a Window

Hello, Dolly! - Penny in My Pocket

Cynthia & Leslie with Rockettes - New York, New York

Groundhog Day - Seeing You

War Paint - Face to Face

Great Comet - Dust & Ashes/The Abduction

Bandstand - Nobody

Justin Guarini, Oak & others - In Memoriam to It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

Kevin Spacey, Patti LuPone & Winners Finale - The Curtain Falls

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3592017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 2:26pm

What a boring lineup/selection of songs, jeez...

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#3602017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 2:29pm

What a boring lineup/selection of songs, jeez...

unfortunately I agree......

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#3612017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 2:33pm

frownI was very hopeful that Dolly would figure out a way to appease audiences while making things safe for their performers.  The fact that they couldn't is severely disappointing.  I suppose Great Comet makes me most excited, but nothing sounds all that riveting.  I guess we'll see.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#3622017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 2:34pm

It would be more interesting if Hello, Dolly! could just pull themselves together and do an actually interesting number.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#3632017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 2:39pm

Something tells me Comet and War Paint will be the highlights.

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#3642017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:05pm

According to twitter, the opening incorporates all the nominated shows and is great. I'm glad its not hopping.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#3652017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:25pm

John Mulaney and Nick Kroll will be presenting an award, so we can look forward to that!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVNeqNtjfVe/

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#3662017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:33pm

dianamorales said: "According to twitter, the opening incorporates all the nominated shows and is great. I'm glad its not hopping.

"

Hopefully that includes the Hello, Dolly! performance we deserve

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#3672017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:45pm

Maybe wishful thinking...but maybe they have a way to creatively incorporate Bette/Dolly into the opening number? Imagine the broadcast beginning with Bette in the red dress on a staircase singing "helloooooo TONY'S" or something along those lines...

TrulyOutrageousJem Profile Photo
TrulyOutrageousJem
#3682017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:56pm

What a sad sad list of performances from such a great year of theater. I cannot believe they aren't having Anastasia perform. And no Bette Midler?! What a joke! 

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#3692017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:59pm

I was at the rehearsal, let's just say that it's a good thing Hello Dolly isn't needing some great publicity for ticket sales.  God awful boring.

Patti and Christine both seemed 'off'.  Hopefully they'll pull it together, but the song did nothing for me.  

I really enjoyed Groundhog Day, but the performance they chose I fear won't be selling any tickets.

Highlights.  Great Comet and Come From Away!  And the opening is clever, but hope it translates a bit better on TV.  

coreman009
#3702017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 3:59pm

Ugh why is Groundhog Day doing the finale and not Day One? It's a really sweet way to end the show after the journey, but it's not a good way to sell the show (or Andy Karl). 

Hello Dolly will be a total snooze. And then there multiple shows who are doing songs that make sense but not the best in the show (like Bandstand not doing Welcome Home). 

casedilla2
#3712017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:06pm

coreman009 said: "Ugh why is Groundhog Day doing the finale and not Day One? It's a really sweet way to end the show after the journey, but it's not a good way to sell the show (or Andy Karl). "

I agree completely. Seeing You is my favorite song in the show, but it really doesn't work out of context. I'm also very surprised since a cast member previously posted this photo on instagram, which clearly shows the beginning of Day One on the sheet music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUAih0mDqO3/?taken-by=taylorimanjones

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3722017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:12pm

TrulyOutrageousJem said: "What a sad sad list of performances from such a great year of theater. I cannot believe they aren't having Anastasia perform. And no Bette Midler?! What a joke! "

It's extremely possible Anastasia didn't want to shell out the money for a performance since the show is already selling very well without the publicity. And personally, I hate when non-nominated shows perform- I'd rather they use the time to award things like Best Score and Best Book. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#3732017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:36pm

I would have loved to see the 2nd Act opening of Anastasia w/either "Countess And The Common Man" or "Land Of Yesterday"or "Paris..."; Caroline O'Connor (and John Bolton) zap the show to life there. Moving that gorgeous projection set would have been timely and costly.

Is anyone streaming/tweeting/FB/anything the Creative Arts Tonys??

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3742017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/11/17 at 4:39pm

When I was there for the 2014 rehearsal at Radio City, that Hugh Jackman/Music Man rap was NOT a part of it and was a total surprise when it appeared during the telecast. Crossing my fingers for any surprises... but better ones. :)

Videos