News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2017 TONY Awards Performances- Page 12

2017 TONY Awards Performances

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#2752017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:26pm

CT2NYC said: "I'm glad that BANDSTAND is performing. I really enjoyed the show, and I hope that a great performance on Sunday will generate a fair amount of ticket sales."

I haven't seen Bandstand because the musical style/era doesn't appeal to me, but I have to ask - is there a particular number that Corey Cott does in the wife-beater that he wears in that often-circulated promo photograph?

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#2762017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:34pm

The most arguably exciting events to happen on Broadway this year (Midler, Sunday in the Park, Sunset Blvd) won't be on the Tonys.  I'm calling it now, this will be the most boring Tony Awards ceremony we've had in recent memory. 

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/8/17 at 01:34 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2772017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:34pm

Lot666 said: "CT2NYC said: "I'm glad that BANDSTAND is performing. I really enjoyed the show, and I hope that a great performance on Sunday will generate a fair amount of ticket sales."

I haven't seen Bandstand because the musical style/era doesn't appeal to me, but I have to ask - is there a particular number that Corey Cott does in the wife-beater that he wears in that often-circulated promo photograph?

Don't quote me on it, but I believe he's in the wife-beater during "Donny Novitski," his solo number from the beginning of the show, although he might be in it at other points, as well.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2782017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:36pm

Disappointed that Anastasia and Sunset won't be performing, and that we won't be getting Bette performing as well. 

UGH.

neonlightsxo
#2792017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:36pm

As much as I would love to see Anastasia perform, they don't seem to need the publicity. Plus, they can always send Christy out to the talk shows at a later date to perform, which won't cost as much as the Tonys will.

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#2802017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:38pm

What is the cast of Falsettos performing?

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#2812017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:39pm

It's weird that people are saying this will be the most boring, when I believe it will be the most exciting, with so many categories up in the air! I can't wait for Sunday!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2822017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:44pm

Haha, I'm with you, LesWickedly. It's the most nail-biting year in a while awards-wise for sure! I think I'm just used to feeling amped up for at least a couple show performances. This year, there isn't really anything I'm that stoked for, except for maybe Comet and CFA. Bette would've really been the big one. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#2832017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:45pm

CT2NYC said: "Don't quote me on it, but I believe he's in the wife-beater during "Donny Novitski," his solo number from the beginning of the show, although he might be in it at other points, as well."

Okay, then that's the song they should do. wink

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Cora Hoover Hooper Profile Photo
Cora Hoover Hooper
#2842017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:47pm

According to Breaking News, Hello, Dolly! is included in the Tony Awards performances. Did they reach a last minute agreement? HOPE SO!

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#2852017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:48pm

Cora Hoover Hooper said: "According to Breaking News, Hello, Dolly! is included in the Tony Awards performances. Did they reach a last minute agreement? HOPE SO!"

David Hyde Pierce is performing, not Bette.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#2862017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:48pm

Double post. Apologies!

"I shall stay until the wind changes."
Updated On: 6/8/17 at 01:48 PM

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#2872017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:51pm

LesWickedly said: "It's weird that people are saying this will be the most boring, when I believe it will be the most exciting, with so many categories up in the air! I can't wait for Sunday!"

I think it'll be very exciting from an awards perspective... a little boring from a performance/host perspective. 

Cora Hoover Hooper Profile Photo
Cora Hoover Hooper
#2882017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:52pm

I see. Got my hopes up for nothing. 2017 TONY Awards Performances

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#2892017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 2:26pm

Sondheimite said: "The most arguably exciting events to happen on Broadway this year (Midler, Sunday in the Park, Sunset Blvd) won't be on the Tonys.  I'm calling it now, this will be the most boring Tony Awards ceremony we've had in recent memory. 

"

I think I am going to agree with you on this. Its a shame.

Messytheatregirl
#2902017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 2:32pm

DEH just finished their rehearsal...They are doing the full of Anybody Have a Map into a slightly shortened Waving Through a Window.

haje
#2912017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 2:46pm

Messytheatregirl said: "DEH just finished their rehearsal...They are doing the full of Anybody Have a Map into a slightly shortened Waving Through a Window."

Oooh, this makes me happy mostly cause I think JLT is amazing in DEH and deserved far more love for it so I'm happy they get a chance to showcase her alongside RBJ (and a new song they've yet to perform live) for a little bit. 

Still sad about Hello, Dolly though. I guess it's too late now to hope that by some miracle they'll manage to at the very least perform ANOTHER number? I'll take anything that at least showcases Creel or Baldwin. No offence to David Hyde Pierce, who's great, but no thanks to 'Penny In My Pocket'.

Updated On: 6/8/17 at 02:46 PM

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#2922017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 4:40pm

We have a performance from true Broadway legends Patti LuPone and Chrstine Ebersole. I don't feel it will be boring at all (although it might give some viewers pause that what will most likely be one of the stronger and more memorable performances wasn't nominated for score...)

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#2932017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 4:48pm

The In Memoriam will apparently be performed by a group made up of David Abeles, Chuck Cooper, Justin Guarini, Kevin Smith Kirkwood, and Okieriete Onaodowan.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#2942017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 5:31pm

The Tony Awards have announced an incredible line up of performances for the 71st Annual Tony Awards, which will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City on CBS, Sunday, June 11th, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m. (ET/PT time delay). The Tony Awards are presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing.

The show-stopping performances include the casts of "Bandstand," "Come From Away," "Dear Evan Hansen," "Falsettos," "Groundhog Day The Musical," "Hello, Dolly!," "Miss Saigon," "Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812," and "War Paint," with additional performances by The Radio City Rockettes and Tony Award winners Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom Jr.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#2952017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 5:44pm

I was skimming through this thread to see what's been confirmed. Very little thus far it seems. 

Best Musical Nominees
Come From Away
Dear Evan Hansen – Messytheatre girl writes “Does Anybody Have a Map” & “Waving Through a Window”
Groundhog Day The Musical – Instagram says a medley
Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 –

Other New Musicals
Bandstand
War Paint - (I'd rather we get two brassy solos but I fear we'll get one of their somber duets)

Revivals
Falsettos – Andrew Rannells said it will be a group number. Baseball game?
Hello, Dolly! – Scott Rudin says Penny in My Pocket (Trolling at it’s finest)
Miss Saigon

Nothing from
Amelie
Anastasia
A Bronx Tale
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Holiday Inn
Sunday in the Park with George
Sunset Blvd
(Oof. What a crowded season!)

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com

ijest22
#2962017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 6:52pm

Messytheatregirl said: "DEH just finished their rehearsal...They are doing the full of Anybody Have a Map into a slightly shortened Waving Through a Window.

"

So much better if they did shortened anybody have a map and the full version of waving through a window, but I will take what I can get.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#2972017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 6:58pm

^I agree, but this way almost all of the cast gets showcased in some kind of way.

Updated On: 6/8/17 at 06:58 PM

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#2982017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/8/17 at 7:03pm

I am guessing 'Welcome Home' would be a little tough on the Tonys?  I wish they were doing 'you deserve it'. But I'll take whatever.  

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2992017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 6/9/17 at 12:21am

The tony awards Instagram story shows David Abeles as a performer. With whom is he performing? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos