News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

2007 Tony Awards Host

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#50re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:08pm

MARTIN. SHORT.

I would love it. I think he's hilarious and can definitely captivate an audience for three hours.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#51re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:14pm

I'm suprised so many of you want Hugh Jackman back. What, exactly, did he bring to the table except yawns and poorly-executed one-liners?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#52re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:16pm

Me too. Anyone but Hugh Jackman, please.

I don't know why they're taking so long to announce plans for a host. They should just let Rosie do it. She's on top of her game again, and would probably boost ratings again, given her success with THE VIEW. It's proof that people want to see Rosie on TV. Just OFFER it to her!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#53re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:23pm

If it were up to me, I'd have Elaine Stritch host the show. However, since that will never happen, Lansbury and Mullally are both fine choices. Anyone but Rosie.

How many commercials for the Hairspray movie will we see during the broadcast? If I were in charge of the marketing $$$s, I'd spend some there.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

munkustrap178
#54re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:26pm

Lansbury would be an awful host. Mullally proved she couldn't even carry a talk show, let along a 3 hour award show.

Why anyone but Rosie? She's always been great and she'll boost ratings.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

jg4892
#55re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:38pm

Angela Lansbury? I love her, but I think the audience would be asleep within the first 5 minutes.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#56re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:41pm

"Lansbury would be an awful host."

Munk, I'm quite sure this was a joke. She's hosted many times before and did a very good job. Was she jumping on walls? No. But she was professional, appealing and very good.

Someone mentioned Stritchy...
Now that'd be a damned good ceremony!

munkustrap178
#57re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:44pm

It wasn't a joke. She's not a bundle of energy anymore.

People aren't going to tune in to see an episode of Masterpiece Theatre.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#58re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:46pm

That's what I hate. To be a host you have to jump on the walls and do backflips and sing and do all this crap. I for one would like to see Lansbury host to teach some of the more recent, flashier ones a lesson.
Munk, if we're looking at the commerical aspect, you're quite right.

jg4892
#59re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 3:46pm

Hmm...how about New York from Flavor of Love? She'd make it interesting!

CJWesselman Profile Photo
CJWesselman
#60re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 4:13pm

This is an easy one. Jake Gyllenhaal. He's a self-confessed theatre buff. He's not the world's best singer but he's fearless (see: Saturday Night Live) so he could clown about when needed or even perhaps give us a solid performance. And, of course, he's an attractive young male movie star who has plenty of fans to bring in and perhaps enough celebrity to increase coverage of and reporting on the event.

Any takers?

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#61re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 4:14pm

Although I think Megan Mullally would be the most FABULOUS host, I would love to see Seth. The little clips that he did on the screens during the commercial breaks last year might have been the most entertaining part of the entire show!

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#62re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 5:15pm

Remy Zaken. Hah.

SondheimFan2
#63re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 5:38pm

martin short or david hyde pierce would be AWESOME!

highly doubtful though

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#64re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 6:12pm

Would Marty do it now that the Tony's have completely dismissed his show (and HIM)?

raphael06 Profile Photo
raphael06
#65re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 6:24pm

Megan Mullally all the way!

"I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not."-Sunday in the Park with George

Parks
#66re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 6:37pm

I doubt Rosie would do it. I bet she'd want more money than they're offering.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Q_Angle2 Profile Photo
Q_Angle2
#67re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:00am

Chenoweth and Salonga together...that would be exciting...both are funny

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#68re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/27/07 at 8:15am

With Elaine Stritch we would never get past the opening speech.

Videos