News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

2007 Tony Awards Host

bwaychae5192 Profile Photo
bwaychae5192
#25re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 2:36pm

I miss Hugh. And Rosie should come back, too.

Every living soul has got a voice - you've got to give it room and let it sing.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#26re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 2:38pm

I'd be a little worried if Megan hosted...just look at her now canceled tv show. She was a very boring host on her own show. I'm not saying she isn't very talented (I'm a big fan) but she's just a boring host.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Julian2
#27re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 2:46pm

"Well, since that's an option, I, too, would like to host the Tonys."

I wanna host! Although, only if Capathia ends the show with her song.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#28re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 2:46pm

Rosie would do an amazing job.

I doubt Lansbury has the patience to learn the opening number and all of the interval speeches etc.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ashley0139
#29re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 2:47pm

Ravi- we'll do it together. And it will be amazing.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#30re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 5:16pm

Please, not Martin Short! He's soooo annoying, IMO, and I'm going to the awards.
Puh-lease don't inflict him on me.
Rosie said she's not going to do it. I hope Hugh comes back-loved him! He was great.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#31re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 5:18pm

While I think Megan Mullally is an amazing performer, she always looked so awkward carrying her own show as herself. She's a fun presenter, a fun actress, a great singer, but not a good hostess.
I think Angela Lansbury would be the perfect hostess for the season.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#32re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 5:56pm

You want people to tune in? Get all the American Idol alums who have been, or are currently in shows to host together.

Oh I know you guys are going to have a field day with that suggestion, and yes I'm being sarcastic!

My all time favorite awards hosts are Ellen and Billy Crystal. For the Tonys I'm with the folks that vote Rosie or Hugh.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#33re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 6:43pm

I'm pretty sure Rosie has said on her blog that she wouldn't do it again.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#34re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 6:45pm

Tag you are correct. Rosie said she has done it already and does not want to again...but if they asked her we can see...

Marty would be great.

Hugh needs to leave. The man milked his one theater credit enough.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

thevolleyballer
#35re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:02pm

I think David Hyde Pierce is a perfect choice for a host. He's got enough widespread appeal and recognition among viewers outside the immediate theatre world, yet since this is his starring musical debut year, it's a good time to tap him to host. He can definitely carry an awards show, I'd say.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#36re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:25pm

Doesn't he just seem boring though?

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#37re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:26pm

I have a feeling Rosie might do it, which I wouldn't mind at all.

Dollypop
#38re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:27pm

Eric McCormack, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#39re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:29pm

What about Megan and David together?
Or Rosie and Megan together (Grease)?

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#40re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:43pm

Rosie, Marty or Seth. :)

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

MungoGypsy8232
#41re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:52pm

Megan!!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#42re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 7:54pm

if Rosie does it Seth will be writing her numbers...he does all the ones on "The View."

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#43re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 8:04pm

I'm with chinkie azn jai on Megan. We've seen her "be herself". It got her cancelled. It proves she's an actress, not a personality.

I don't see why David Hyde Pierce can't host. There's a lot of love for him with the target audience, he's a friendly face, and he hosted the Emmys with Jenna Elfman years ago and did a nice job.

I say bring out Bea Arthur as a co-host, she's out there plugging those Maude DVDs nowadays. Why not Vanessa Williams? People love her all over again thanks to Ugly Betty now, and they're on hiatus so she has time to rehearse.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#44re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/6/07 at 8:13pm

Better yet, get the kid from Ugly Betty to host. He can come on stage singing Good Morning Baltimore! re: 2007 Tony Awards Host

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#45re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/8/07 at 2:33pm

I wish Seth was a bigger name because he would definitely be the best Tony host. The problem is that people don't know him so he would be tough to market.

*thinkpink18*
#46re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/8/07 at 2:57pm

Angela Lansbury would be the best IMO. Then again I'm a huge Lansbury fan. Rosie would be great as well though.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#47re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/8/07 at 3:11pm

Better yet, get the kid from Ugly Betty to host. He can come on stage singing Good Morning Baltimore!

Oh my God. That's basically the best idea ever.

Ashley - we totally should. They'll let us, right?

Right?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#48re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/8/07 at 3:23pm

Rosie and Seth together, co-hosting.

Wicked_fan
#49re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
Posted: 5/21/07 at 2:55pm

I want Hugh back!

does anyone else think it would be REALLY fun if Officer Lockstock and Little Sally did it?

"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit"

-Feste from "Twelfth Night"

Videos