News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 6

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#125re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:31pm

I think Hostess Twinkies are GREAT! Does that count?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#126re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:32pm

Better than having PPD and PMS, Namo.

Where will you be when Bombay Dreams hits the Broadway?

#127The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 5:51pm

Ummmmmm, someone owes me a list tonight.......

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#128re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 5:52pm

I gave you mine...but yes I agree...I would enjoy to see someones.

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

broadwayguy2
#129re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 5:52pm

"I think Hostess Twinkies are GREAT! Does that count?"

Now I just have to get that hostess job at the steak house......

I am curious to read Phantom's list myself..

**hands Podium a whip**

#130re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 6:01pm

I don't need a whip to whoop anyone. He promised a list by tonight. Drum roll.....XXXXXXxxCYMBAL CRASH!

W-E A-R-E W-A-I-T-I-N-G

#131re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 8:41pm

1- Broadway Bares
2- Shows that make you forget your troubles
3- Shows that point out social injustices
4- The Tonys
5- Stage doors
6- Talented people
7- The fans
8- chat boards & websites
9- Broadway Bears
10- The BC/EFA Flea Market

-Christina

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#132re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 11:05pm

My list comes from the heart...

1) Hugh Jackman and Jarrod Emick's on-stage kiss in The Boy From Oz. The new Dynasty!
2) The combination of Rosie O'Donnell, Boy George and the very talented cast of Taboo. Rosie, you've always supported Broadway, now it's time that Broadway supports you!
3) The DROP DEAD GORGEOUS women of Nine + Antonio Banderas. Do we now understand why Melanie was across the street in Chicago?
4) The lovely Tina Maddigan and Joe Machota in Mamma Mia! Things will never be the same without the girl with golden hair. I can't wait to see your smiling face on the next stage.
5) The Lamb in Gypsy. I am proud to say I am a member of the Lamb Chop fan club!
6) Jerry Mitchell (who has the best buns in the industry) and Broadway Bares. Chorus boys are vital to any good production. They go great with the scenery! They should get paid as much as the leads so they can buy better shampoo than Suave.
7) Marissa Jaret Winoker, Matthew Morrison and Harvey Fierstein in Hairspray. Marissa is a role model for girls today, Matt is a hunk with a big heart and vine, and Harvey Fierstein is a wonderful mother and great kisser.
8.) Max von Essen for his manners, his sense of style and his amazing ability to be on everyone's guest list. This is your year, Mr. GQ. I can feel it in my blood!!
9) Matt Cavenaugh and the entire sexy cast of Urban Cowboy for giving the same kick ass performance to a full house, an entire row or a single seat. You showed them what a consistent, professional performance means.
10) Congratulations to all the actors who made their Broadway debuts. Now that you're finally on the map, don't get eaten alive and don't drink too much at parties.

One for good measure...

11) Bravo to the nice fans and future actors with big hearts and big dreams who don't gossip or spread vicious rumors. I'm a huge fan of all the folks I mentioned above and some people on this very message board. You all know who you are! re: re: re: re: The LIST re: re: re: re: The LIST re: re: re: re: The LIST re: re: re: re: The LIST re: re: re: re: The LIST

Did I pass, Sir?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 11:05 PM

broadwayguy2
#133re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/15/04 at 11:12pm

GREAT list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#134re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:21am

Hold on, I'm reaching for a tissue. THANK YOU PHANTOM. I'm sure this thread will now dwindle into history. It was a great run. However, I noticed BroadwayBulldog's thread. Hmmmmmmmm, I have a problem with piggy backing.

FindingNamo
#135re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:27am

Oh please, don't pay him no never mind. After reading that post it's pretty clear it's time to vote that member off the island.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

bestofbroadway
#136re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:50am

Wait a second...Phantom2 this is supposed to be a forum for 10 good things to say about Broadway. I think you got confused.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#137re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:59am

Does it make you feel better to say things like that?

#138re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 1:21am

BestOfBroadway - You act like a dog sitting in the cold, watching his master and friends at a warm gathering, thinking of everything you can, to be noticed and commanded to come inside only to sit at our feet. If you were my dog, I would have had made sure you were trained so didn't bother people. Welllll, maybe I would just put a muzzle on you and only take it off to feed you. GO AWAY. YOU'RE RUDE. Updated On: 1/16/04 at 01:21 AM

broadwayguy2
#139re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: The LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 1:23am

Bravo Podium.... I would give you a standing O, but bestof thinks that they are worthless expressions...

#140NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 1:27am

TODAY I HAVE A NEW LIST OF 10 GREAT THINGS...........

1 - Caroline, Or Change coming to Broadway - GREAT
2 - Michael Reidel paid Boy George a compliment today.
3 - Marvin Laird, the marvelous conductor of Gypsy.
4 - That trumpet player in the orchestra of Gypsy.
5 - James at the stage door at The Neil Simon Theatre.
6 - All the restaurants in hells kitchen on 9th Ave.
7 - This cold weather is somehow becoming my friend.
8 - Patti LuPone slated for Can Can at Encore - Cool
9 - Deborah Cox's new challenge.
10 - Nola Studios has gotten much better. Updated On: 1/16/04 at 01:27 AM

#141re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 10:30am

COMMENTS? Perhaps - any new lists?

sheekala
#142re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 10:43am

Number 14 will be meeting you at the gathering, if possible PP, thanks again for creating this.

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

#143re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 10:49am

Geez - - - I WON'T BE THERE. I'm so sorry.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#144re: re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 10:51am

PodiumPerson- Where will you be? On a runway in Paris or Milan?

#145re: re: re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 10:58am

Now that would be a GREAT thing.

sheekala
#146re: re: re: re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 11:04am

Oh PP! take a break from creating the next hit musical and catch us if you can! Oh well, you'll be there in spirit.

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

#147re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 11:11am

Gosh, I'm blushing like I've just been asked out on a date by a handsome stranger. I might attend if I knew that were the case.

Aside from that, got any GREAT things to say and send some joy out into the BroadwayWorld today?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#148re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 11:15am

I think it is GREAT that people are going to the theatre in this freezing cold weather when they could be in their nice warm homes.

#149NEW LIST
Posted: 1/16/04 at 11:18am

Phantom, that is GREAT. I'd love to know the percentage of presale tickets compared to people actually going out in the cold to buy tickets.

Videos