News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 5

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#101re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:47am

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#102re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:48am

Yes but what about yours and that wall you must contend with? Geez........

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#103re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:49am

I think, therefore I am.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#10410 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 3:53am

Before I get to my list, I've got some juicy gossip for everyone! So last night, I had just curled up on the couch to watch The Simple Life Reunion, and my phone rang! So I answered with my typical "Nyello" and it was my good friend Hairspray! We talked for a bit about the usual stuff, the kids, the PTA and getting ready to plant our bulbs. Then out of the blue, Hairspray shouted "I Hate BestOfBroadway!"... So I guess the feelings mutual BOB... Anywho, here's my list:

1.) The whole crew with Broadway Cares, especially Jerry Mitchell for putting on the best strip show in the world. Is there a way to top this years Gypsy strippers, Jane K. in her sheet, Marissa in her teddy and Matt Cavenaugh in jeans? Hmm, yes there is... more naked men!!!
2.) Mamma Mia! - Love it or hate it, it's a crowd pleaser and is introducing a whole new generation not only to ABBA, but to the wonders of live theater. And the fact that my two favorite actresses Karen Mason and Louise Pitre have starred makes it my personal favorite.
3.) Hairspray - This show is just as joyful but it's my number 3 because it doesn't have Dancing Queen. However, it does have a better message and I thought Marissa, Harvey, Mary Bond and the rest of the OBC were fabulous.
3.) Chicago - Has anyone mentioned this? Even though one of the composers is a jack@$$, the show itself is so entertaining and so sexy. Whatever happened to original Fred Casely, Michael Berresse?
4.) The Phantom of the Opera - I don't care much for this show anymore, but it was the show that got me interested in theater.
5.) Rosie - Taboo or no Taboo, this woman has done so much for Broadway, and every one of us should be thankful.
6.) Nathan Lane, Gary Beach and Roger Bart - Matthew's good and all, but these boys above had me in stitches Gary deserves some sort of award for his acting, something like a Tony! Maybe Nathan should have one too.
7.) Ragtime, Cabaret, Miss Saigon & Les Miserables - All these shows have left us, but they live on through their beautiful cast recordings.
8.) Ave. Q, Urinetown and Taboo - For being different.
9.) Marie's Crisis - If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're missing out. Snaps to Maggie, Michael, Terrance, Dexter and all the regulars... I'll be back soon!
10.) The Fans - I think this board gets too negative sometimes, and I wish we could all try to be a little more light hearted (myself included). But I suppose it's because most of us are passionate about theater and because of this passion, the theater will not fade away.
10.5) Joe Machota in a box cut swimsuit!!!

I hope the divine Podium Being enjoys this list which has taken me years to craft. Mwah. And extra mwah's to BWayGuy! 10 Great Things...

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

broadwayguy2
#105re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 4:06am

We <3 Podium!!

Mwahs! to Copeman

and I second that Joe Machota in a boxcut suit mention.

#106re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 8:58am

Copeman63 wrote: I hope the divine Podium Being enjoys this list which has taken me years to craft. Mwah.

Well, let me say a few GREAT things.......

1 - I love your spirit. - GREAT
2 - I, too am a fellow Virgo. NO GREATER
3 - Amen for 6'6"
4 - Love the pics, especially the one with the Fast Runner.
5 - You mention "Alan Thicke" on your web link. Long story.
6 - You repeatedly attend Broadway shows that you love.
7 - You obviously can mix a mean drink.
8 - You have a dog named Fosse. That's FANTASTIC.
9 - It's GREAT that you got caught stealing that Star Wars Toy.
10 - You seem like you "get it". G-R-E-A-T

Yes, MORE great things about what's currently on Broadway. - SIR COPEMAN

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#107re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:20am

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

#108re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:24am

Yes, I do feel a club forming. Pretty soon we'll have our own criteria to join. Updated On: 1/15/04 at 09:24 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#109re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:26am

Is there pledging?

#110re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:27am

Yeah, you go first. I'll get the Grey Goose and the video camera.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#111re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:30am

I am not ready for my closeup, Mr. PodiumPerson.

#112re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:35am

Phantom2 - "I am not ready for my closeup, Mr. PodiumPerson".

GREAT thing to say about that post, you really ARE humble. Get to the gym and get a facial.

Since you promised me your 10 GREAT THINGS LIST by tonight, I'm trusting that you are really putting some thought into it.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#113re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:39pm

Yes, Sir!

#114re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:42pm

Sir has a GREAT ring to it.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#115re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:43pm

I can hear the bells...

Updated On: 1/15/04 at 12:43 PM

#116re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:46pm

.......which bing do you sing?

sheekala
#117re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:27pm

what happen to my knockers/legs diamond pun? Someone is gonna get my Margo Channing started!

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

broadwayguy2
#118re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:46pm

club?
pledging?
hazing?

woohoo!

round one
he'll ask me on a date and then
round two
i'll primp, but won't be late because
round three's
when we kis inside his car
won't go all the way
but'll go pretty far then...

okay.. I WOULD go all the way.....

#119re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:53pm

BG2 - Those were all GREAT things, right?

broadwayguy2
#120re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:56pm

Yes indeedio.. I'd say they were pretty great!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#121re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:11pm

broadwayguy2- How far will you go?

broadwayguy2
#122re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:19pm

won't go all the way
but'll go pretty far then...

okay.. I WOULD go all the way.....

dpends on the Link. lol.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#123re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:25pm

Look Hostess Twinkie-

In my ivory tower
Life was just a hostess snack
But now i've tasted chocolate
And i'm never going back

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

#124re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 Great Things...
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:30pm

Me too! Now, listen guys, I'm getting flack for not staying on course from people. Sooooooo, we could start a "Fight Club" thread so we can say general stuff, HUH? I bet Craig and Rob would go for it.

Videos