News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 4

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

#75re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:46am

"...in the morning......fever all through the night".

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#76re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my th
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:47am

FeVah!

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#77re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my th
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:48am

Hey kids.. it's called being on topic re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my th

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

#78re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my th
Posted: 1/14/04 at 3:09am

Kids?....Craig....Awwwww, what a compliment. Are you really that old?

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#79re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lit
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:36am

What happened? It all started so nicely...

FindingNamo
#80re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lit
Posted: 1/14/04 at 9:14am

I have to say, when I wrote my list I actually had the sinking feeling that BoB was going to see it as permission to write something along the lines of mine, but without any nuance. And that's what happened.

The thing I hope comes through in all my criticisms (basically of anything or anybody) is my DISAPPOINTMENT. In case it isn't clear, I was DISAPPOINTED by Wicked. I get this way about many things in life. The gay movement, for example. I am DISAPPOINTED that it doesn't aim higher.

If you look at the thread, BoB, PP (love writing that) DID take me to task for my list while appearing to understand that I was gently tweaking the rules as set up. But PP mentioned enjoying reading it, even if PP disagreed with my sentiments.

THAT'S what I aim for. Newcomers to the board often think I must be coming from a mean-spirited place. But I'm not, I'm coming from a place of disappointment. People who read my stuff for a while "get it." What many people seem to "get" from your posts is a kind of poisonous center.

And BoB, you always manage to put a real accidentaly howler in your posts, and the winner this time, in my opinion is:

"Henry IV is FAR SUPERIOR to Hairspray." LOLOLOL. It doesn't hold a candle to Millie, though, right? At least as far as the book goes?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 1/14/04 at 09:14 AM

RCalkins
#81My Favorites of 2003
Posted: 1/14/04 at 10:36am

Not sure I can come up with 10 (I don't get up to NYC as often as I'd like), but I'll try.

1) Big River: I saw this its second-to-last performance and wish I had gone sooner so I could have gone again. Did not see much this year, but this was, by far, my favorite that I did see. Largely because of Tyrone Giordano, who gave one of the best Broadway performances I think I've ever seen, though the cast as a whole was terrific, too.

2) Avenue Q Soundtrack: Got this in early December and the show is now on my Must See Soon list. Can't wait!

3) A Day in the Death of Joe Egg: Roundabout had a good year, between this and Big River. Eddie Izzard was amazing in this. Also wished I had had a chance to see it more than once.

4) Hugh Jackman in The Boy From Oz: Didn't think much of the play as a whole, but Hugh was amazing. His writhing on the piano in the 1st 5 minutes of the show was worth my $100. Easy.

5) TKTS: Without which I wouldn't get to see half of what I get to see.

6) Broadway on Broadway 2003: I didn't get to go in person, but I got to see it on video, and it was nice to see performances from plays I haven't seen (most notably Avenue Q).

7) BC/EFA: What a great organization!

My Favorites of 2003 Carols for a Cure V: This was this year's BC/EFA Xmas album and I spent most of December seriously obsessed with "Too Fat to Fit," the Producers' number. Very, very funny.

9) The Spirit of the Theatre District: Always nice to be in midtown to see a show--or to watch people there to see a show.

10) Take Me Out: Excellent, innovative show. Really makes a nice point in an entertaining way.

OK, so I managed to come up with 10, after all. Go me! (Thanks to all who've shared their lists--even the controversial ones!--it's been a lot of fun reading them.)

#8210 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:42pm

Glad to see it's new day and we can all be NICE again. That's a GREAT thing!

FindingNamo
#83re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 4:08pm

Okay! I thought ALL DAY! And came up with ten people associated with Broadway currently, in the past, or scheduled to be in the future, which I think are great!

They are, in no particular order:

Tony Kushner
Alec Baldwin
Ed Harris
Craig Lucas
Cherry Jones
Lea DeLaria
Daphne Ruben Vega
LaChanze
Charles Busch
Bill Shakespeare

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#84re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 4:44pm

AWWWWWWW!!! *hugs Namo*

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

#85re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 11:53pm

Namo, I think I'm gonna cry.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#86re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:09am

So baby don't cry
Like there's no tomorrow
After the night
There's a brand new day
And there'll be no pain
And no more sorrow
So wash your face and call my place
It'll be Ok

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

#87re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:13am

number?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#88re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:21am

broadwayguy2- Do me a favor and please explain. Thanks.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

broadwayguy2
#89re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:24am

Okay.... Those are lyrics from a song Brad sings in Rocky Horror Show -- "Once In A While"....

Brad says to call him.. but they are in Frank's castle... no phones.....

The audiences at RHS constantly yell at the actors.. of course.... and they refer to Brad as "...hole" and Janet as "slut".

Since Brad says to call him, they are yalling at him that there are no phones. Updated On: 1/15/04 at 12:24 AM

#90re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:27am

Dude and Dude Fan, I know. You don't need to explain. I was playing.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#91re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:29am

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#92re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:31am

You guys, if you're gonna post, POST IT. Don't erase your posts.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#93re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:34am

Our Senior Editor did it.

#94re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:39am

Speaking of seniors.........One GREAT thing I can say, (staying with the topic, kinda sorta) about my senior year of high school is that I officially came "out".

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#95re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:41am

Super!

#96re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:28am

Did Craigers object to something you said? and while I'm at it, here's one great thing about B-way that we never mentioned, CRAIG!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#97re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:31am

Kiss up! Craig's my b*tch!

#98re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:35am

Guys who prefer to sleep on the bottom bunk don't have b*atches. And while we're on the TOPIC, how about that GREAT new idea for a Gomer Pyle, USMC Musical? Goooooooolley, Sargent Carter.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#99re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:38am

Hey, I'm a restless sleeper and I don't want to be like Humpty Dumpty.

Videos