News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 3

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

bestofbroadway
#50re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:25pm

10 was to hard...how about 8

8. Jefferson Mays incredible performance in I Am My Own Wife

7. Avenue Q, Urinetown and Movin' Out for daring to be original and not base there work on campy mediocre movies.

6. The performances of Kevin Kline and Michael Hayden in Jack O'Brien's beautifully staged production of Henry IV

5. Rob Ashford's beautifully stylized choreography for Thoroughly Modern Millie

4. Sutton Foster- a sensational performance in Millie

3. Kristin Chenoweth is giving one of the best comedic performances Broadway has seen in a long time on the Gershwin stage.

2. Hairspray was only at 86.8% capacity last week- down from 100.2% the week before.

1. Marissa Jaret Winokur is no longer giving her completely horrific performance as Tracy in "The Worst Show in Town." What a blessing to our ears.

broadwayguy2
#51re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:50pm

Okay.. the idea was to NOT insult...

some people have to be a rude smart ass all of the time. UGH

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#52re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:55pm

I'm not going to say a word.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

FindingNamo
#53re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:57pm

Word.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadwayguy2
#54re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:59pm

I apoligize.. certain people just get to me with things

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#55re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:02pm

I'm not going to say a word.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

bestofbroadway
#56re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 11:50pm

Oh and what Namo said weren't insults in disguise.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#57re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:02am

1.Taboo-It's closing re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  10 NICE THINGS Onto thw REAL list...

1)RENT
2)Avenue Q
3)Wicked
4)Anna in the Tropics

I've seen many others, but those are the only 4 that I think are honestly worth seeing. And everything else closed.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

#58Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:18am

BestOfBroadway - Thank you for the kind comments. After all, that's what this thread was intended for. However, if you're gonna trash people and litter a thread I start, I suggest you use correct spelling and proper grammar. People with such high standards, like you should have them across the board, don't you think?

Even if I agreed with you, I wouldn't tolerate your tacky approach. You have no class. You're the kind of person who hides behind their safe little computer. You would never put your money where your BIG MOUTH is "in person" with anyone you trash.

Your arrogance is cowardly and given your love/hate relationship for Jack O'Brien's work, I bet you're equally confused as to sit or stand when you piss.

Now, I'm sure there are affordable English classes in your area. If you give me your area code, I'll be happy to find one and pay for it. I'm feeling generous tonight. Hell, I'll pay for your therapist too.....but only if he/she specializes in passive/aggressive disorder and arrogance management for the grammatically challenged.

It would probably be cheaper for me to find that popular kid who kicked your ass on the playground in grade school and make him apologize.
Updated On: 1/14/04 at 12:18 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#59re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:29am

I just gave you a standing ovation, PodiumPerson. Let me buy you a good shot of Vodka.

#60re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:34am

That person truly pisses me off. When I come to NYC, I'll take you up on your offer. "snicker, snicker, sneer, sneer" Updated On: 1/14/04 at 12:34 AM

bestofbroadway
#61re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:38am

There's no love hate relationship with Jack O'Brien. It's a question of material. Henry IV is FAR SUPERIOR to Hairspray. I love Ashford but I hated Boy from Syracuse. I love Rob Marshall but I hated Victor/Victoria. I find it very amusing the way you get mad at me for my "insults" and yet Namo's comments are far more insulting. It's interesting how you make exceptions for some. I hate Hairspray...deal with it.

broadwayguy2
#62re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:38am

Can I come too bois? I will just have a water or sprite or somethin though....

bestofbroadway
#63re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:44am

Oh I love all the kind comments- "After all, that's what this thread was intended for."

Please tell me exactly what makes you so mad? That I insulted MJW? I guess the people on this thread insulting Andrew Llyod Webber and Taboo have done nothing wrong. What a bunch of hypocrites.

#64re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:45am

BestOfBroadway - I don't agree with Namo on a lot of things but........Namo knows where to STOP........Maybe I can pay him to spend some time with you.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, let's find that popular kid. I'm sure that's the answer.

B.O.B. - Just have some class.

bestofbroadway
#65re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:46am

Knows where to stop?? Knows where to stop?? Your talking about Namo the king of insults Updated On: 1/14/04 at 12:46 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#66re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:51am

bestofbroadway- You have acne of the soul!

#67re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 12:51am

No, I think...........in fact I'm sure...........we're talking about you now.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#68re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:01am

Oy. Now Namo is going to think he's royalty re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

broadwayguy2
#69re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:08am

Namo IS a queen after all....

LUV ya Namo!

JeffG
#70re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:12am

Best of Broadway

I lurk a lot, don't post a lot but I had to say something. I don't agree with some of the things "NAMO" said on his list but he was far from spiteful like you were on your list. You go out of your WAY to bash Hairspray. If you don't like it, fine. You don't have to come into this thread (which WAS set up to be positive) and be a jerk. And don't pull the hypocrite card nor bring up "NAMO" anyway because frankly, that reaks of a 7 year old response.

"well he started it..."

PUHLEASE.... Get your butt out of the sandbox and grow up. Don't compare yourself to someone else on this board. And don't cry like a stuck pig when someone calls you to task either. "PODIUM" can point his finger at anyone he pleases - he set up the "rules" for this thread and he didn't like YOUR response. Maybe "NAMO" doesn't offend him - MAYBE, JUST MAYBE - he KNOWS NAMO.

Anyway, I don't know why I bothered to post because clearly you have issues far beyond anyone speaking rationally to you.

#71re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:25am

To answer your question, I have no idea who Namo is.

POINTING FINGERS?........I call people on their ****. PERIOD

Thank you for your post.

broadwayguy2
#72re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:27am

**claps and snaps**

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#73re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:31am

I offically love you Podium Person! Thank you !

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

#74re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Litter on my thread
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:35am

mebice - THE FEELING IS OH SO MUTUAL.

Was it something I said?

Videos