News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 2

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

#25re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 5:33pm

OK, I'm definitely feeling the love. YES!!!

#26re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 5:58pm

BG2 - you wrote ~John Jeffrey Matrin

Are you talking about the dude John Jeffrey Martin who took over the Fender track in Hairspray? Doesn't he look kinda like that guy from that boy band? Damn I can't remember their name. Is it NSYNC? JC? I think he has a hispanic sounding last name. Anyway, the name is so similar, just wondered if their was another dude on B-way with 3 names that involve John or Jeffrey or Matrin or Martin for that matter.

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#27re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:00pm

1.) Idina Menzel
2.) Sutton Foster
3.) Rent
4.) Hairspray
5.) Wicked
6.) TMM
7.) Gypsy
8.) Bernadette Peters
9.) Urinetown
10.) Rush tickets

FindingNamo
#28re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:08pm

1. It does not yet cost an entire week's minimum wage salary to buy a ticket to a new musical (only half)!

2. Many musicals still do not use pre-recorded vocals!

3. There is currently nothing of Andrew Lloyd Webber's on Broadway!

4. Norbert is still out of Wicked!

5. Very sad people can go see the same show over and over again; it keeps them occupied and not harming anybody else!

6. Cockeyed optimists can still mount badly conceived ideas with the wrong-headed belief that their shows will find an audience!

7. Clear Channel has nothing to do with a couple of shows!

8. Like your drunk but lovable Uncle Clem, some shows never leave!

9. The roasting chestnuts on the carts in Times Square stink much worse than many Broadway shows and provide for a perfect comparative analysis!

10. WSS2, Mr.s Tuttle and Matt, and BroadwayBulldog are among some of its biggest fans with its most demanding standards!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

#29re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:12pm

Namo, how long did that take you? Whether or not I agree with your posts, you always make me laugh. Thanks

FindingNamo
#30re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:13pm

10 minutes. (I had to look up to make sure if I hadn't forgotten some still running ALW show). I'm usually going for the laugh, so I'm glad it gave you one.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#31re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:15pm

1) HUGH JACKMAN (A performance made in heaven)
2) HAIRSPRAY (The definition of a FUN show!)
3) AVENUE Q SCORE (Unfortunately didn't see the show)
4) MATT MORRISON ( Great singer, actor, dancer and a hunk)
5) ADAM PASCAL ( Same as above and sooo sweet up close)
6) RENT (Still running strong and radiating so much energy)
7) DISNEY MUSICALS (Brings families to the theatres)
8 ) MAMMA MIA (The definition of a crowd pleaser)
9) THE FEELING YOU HAVE WHEN YOU WALK AROUND BROADWAY BREATHING THE AIR OF THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD !
10) THIS BOARD (I just love it !!!)

Take care Updated On: 1/13/04 at 06:15 PM

#32re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:19pm

"Alex, I'll take a Greek for a thousand".

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#33re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:19pm

1. Broadway in general...just the thrill of sitting in the audience and waiting anxiously for the curtain to rise.

2. The performers (I'll have some specifics later)- they work so hard 8 times a week and give great performances.

3. Sutton Foster- Sutton is not only amazingly talented, but she has done so much for me this past year

4. BC/EFA...just look at how much this organization has done...AMAZING!

5. Wicked- I just think the production is amazing and the story sooo moving. I cried so much! Haha

6. Thoroughly Modern Millie- This show will always have a special place in my heart.

7. Kind of Broadway...but not really- Camp Broadway. This program absolutely changed my life. It is a wonderful wonderful program and those pursuing a lifetime in theatre can learn a lot if they attend.

8. Dance musicals...I'm a dancer and these are my favorites- especially Millie and 42nd Street. I <3 Tap dancing! I just love those shows that lift you up and keep you smiling.

9. Hunter Foster- this man can sing...and I love it. Plus he gets eaten eight times a week...

10. Music...the most important part of musical theatre...music runs my life- and the fact that some of the best music is found on Broadway...yay...

That was pretty bad. Haha- whatever...

#34re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:22pm

Nothing bad about anything you posted. It's exactly why this thread was started. It's all good. Thanks

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#35re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:26pm

In no particular order

- Bernadette in Gypsy. She went against everyone's expectations, faced the critics in a role that many didn't think suited her, and she proved them all wrong.
- New musicals like Wicked, Taboo, Never Gonna Dance, Boy From Oz. Even though, they may not be great, they're still new which means that people still have the guts to try to write new material.
- Marissa's Tony. Now, I am not a personal fan of hers, and I do believe that Bernadette deserved it, but I'm glad to see the Tony comittee giving new people a chance.
- Revivals of the classics: Gypsy, Man of La Mancha. People are still open-minded to the old stuff.

More later, I'm being kicked off the computer.

Elphie Profile Photo
Elphie
#36re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:28pm

I am also feeling the rush tickets (ten times cheaper) plus the lotteries and discounts- thats what keeps me going!

"They hear drums. We hear music."

Phantom05 Profile Photo
Phantom05
#37re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:32pm

#1 - Hugh Panaro (An amazing Phantom!)
#2 - Hairspray (Such a fun show!)
#3 - Wicked (I love the music...Now I've just got to see it, haha!)
#4 - Max Von Essen (What can you say other than...WOW!!!)
#5 - Aida (Hey what can I say...Mandy Gonzalez is AMAZING!)
#6 - Adam Pascal (Such an awesome performer!)
#7 - The Newer Broadway Theaters (I love modern theaters!)
#8 - The Older Broadway Theaters (They make you feel so classy!)
#9 - Idina Menzel (An AMAZING actress!)
#10 - Times Square (If I could be standing anywhere right now, this is it!!!)

See Ya Later,

Phantom05

------- "We Drink Your Blood And Then We Eat Your Soul, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Let The Bad Times Roll" -------"Past The Point Of No Return, No Backward Glances, Abandon Thought And Let The Dream Begin"
Updated On: 1/13/04 at 06:32 PM

#38re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:33pm

AMEN to rush tickets and lotteries. Love, love - - - - - - - - - E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E

broadwayguy2
#39re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:40pm

I can't believe I am the only one who mentioned BC/EFA.......

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#40re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:42pm

In no particular order:

1- Idina Menzel
2- Adam Pascal
3- Rent
4- Wicked
5- the TKTS booth
6- Taye Diggs as Fiyero
7- Kristen Chenoweth
8- Broadway in general
9- the Marquis theatre gift shop
10- the tonys coming up in a few months

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

#41re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:46pm

THANK BROADWAY FOR BC/EFA.............Now you have company BG2.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#42re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 6:51pm

1)Hairspray
2)Kerry Bulter
3)Matt Morison
4)Jennfer Gambatese
5)BC/EFA
6)Millie
7)LSOH
re: re: re: re:  10 NICE THINGSHunter Forster
9)Hollie Howard
10)All other actorand actresses who work so hard for there craft and to make the show we love so good and then on top of that are so super nice to the fans. Thanks for making Theater so wonderful.

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#43re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 7:01pm

Namo - "I had to look up to make sure if I hadn't forgotten some still running ALW show."

Ummmmm......Phantom of the Opera?

I'm curious to know what my "demanding standards" are...

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#44re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 7:04pm

broadwayguy2, I mentioned BC/EFA! and that was before you said anything... people did after too.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

broadwayguy2
#45re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 7:06pm

oh well... I am having an "off day" today.. my bad... oops..

**crawls behind Phantom and Podium Person and lies down for nap**

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#46re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 7:09pm

aw, broadwayguy2 i forgive you. enjoy your nap! i could use one too....

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#47re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 8:43pm

The rest of mine:

- The Broadway community. Most people are very friendly and open minded. It's a real joy to see everyone's differing opinions.
-BC/EFA. As someone involved with the charity itself, I think that it's a real blessing that so many people on the Broadway stage donate both their money and their time for a wonderful cause.
- Composers like Stephen Sondheim, Rodgers & Hammerstein, even Andrew Lloyd Webber, who write (or have written in the case of R&H) shows that are enjoyable and sometimes, especially in the case of Sondheim, pure genius.

FindingNamo
#48re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 8:50pm

OMG, I forgot POTO. But now that you made me remember POTO, I'm having PTSD.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#49re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 NICE THINGS
Posted: 1/13/04 at 10:04pm

My random list...

1.The Producers it is pure joy.
2.Mel Brooks and company for bringing musical comedy
back to Broadway.
3. Hairspray for keeping the tradition of musical comedy
going.
4.The Encore series for giving us the opportunity to see shows that we had only previously heard about.
5.TKTS for making it affordable, and leading the way for similar set ups the world over.
6.For giving us living, legendary talents like Carol Channing, Chita Rivera and Eartha Kitt.
7.Rosie O'Donnell for forging ahead with Taboo even when everyone else had written off the show almost before it went into rehearsal.
8.BC/EFA for ongoing fundraising.
9.For all the new entertainment creative talent that persists with Broadway when others head to the west coast chasing the really big money.
10.Broadwayworld.com for allowing us Broadway geeks to share our passion.

Videos