News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 14

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#325re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 2:39pm

There's no Earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going....now that is a GREAT icon!

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#326re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 2:41pm

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

JimVukovich Profile Photo
JimVukovich
#327re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 4:27pm

eh, hem........Craiggers, stay with the thread please. LOL

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#328re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 4:30pm

Jim...

Ahh but I was - one (of my 10) things that I love about Broadway today are the music makers and dreamers of dreams!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Updated On: 2/5/04 at 04:30 PM

#329re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 4:53pm

THANKS to Eddie for #2....i'm ALMOST at the top!

thanks to everyone else as well!

eric

JimVukovich
#330re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/5/04 at 11:40pm

Craiggers, I had a longgggggggg day but it was GREAT.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#331re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/6/04 at 12:45pm

"8.Phantom2,Broadwayguy2 and all the other young hoofers who bring both delightful innuendo and intelligent sass to the board."

You like me, you really like me!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

EddieVarley
#332re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/6/04 at 1:21pm

#11) When said performers respond to being #8 on my list! Priceless, and yes I DO! You guys ROCK!

broadwayguy2
#333re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/6/04 at 1:47pm

YAY! Thank you Eddie!

We'll have to do lunch next time I am in the area.. I also have one sceduled with Phantom....

Just don't expect anything on the first date.. unless YOU pay for the meal **wink. LOL**

EddieVarley
#334re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/6/04 at 1:48pm

Get here asap! And lunch is always on me! I was a clumsy waiter.

#335re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 2/10/04 at 4:18am

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY

how about FOURTEEN THOUSAND Great Things about Broadway???????

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Marc, Scott, Bruce, Jim and the ENTIRE Hairspray FAMILY...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's all i can say right now...

keep an eye out for the dvd! (fingers crossed)

XOXOX
eric
MORE INFORMATION...OFFICIAL EVENT SITE

EVENT PAGE FOR THE BENEFIT

JimVukovich
#33610 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 1:34am

I would hate to see this thread die. It just takes a few minutes of thinking and sends out some positive energy. C'mon you guys. Do it for that guy who used to visit us. What was his name? Podium Person? Or something like that?

EddieVarley
#337re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 8:21am

I was just gonna post a new list and then I saw Jim's post so I knew I really better bring it on! This one's for Podium Person, long may PP's positive energy linger!

Ok, this list is about all the GREAT Broadway show lightin' up Ol' Broadway;

1.Little Shop of Horrors-I know I was tough on this one, but they have found they're heart down on Skid Row and Kerry Butler has embraced her inner Audrey and that's a GREAT thing!

2.Avenue Q-while we are on the subject of puppets, how much of a treat is it to see the "stars" of this show work their comdey magic, great!

3.Wicked-The first ladies of Broadway performer vocal fireworks and give a bold new backstory to a classic tale.

4.The Producers-Nathan and Matthew, Gary and Roger and the entire cast bring Mel Brooks comedic soul to life, and how many times can you watch a true master onstage?

5.Hairspray-Ooops, I was wrong, MASTER Harvey and the nicest kids in town bring a masterpiece to life and do Baltimore proud 8 times a week, k' hon?

6.The Phantom of the Opera-Hal Prince has whipped the show back into fighting shape and George Lee Andrews and Jeff Keller still charm as if it's opening night!

7.Chicago-"Razzle Dazzle" it does, with Gretchen Mol delivering the Fosse goods like a pro, a GREAT debut!

8.Aida, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King-Disney still works it's considerable alchemy over Broadway, and say what you will but they are all in GREAT form! Special shout out to Steve Blanchard, a truly wonderful guy who never let's Belle down with his superb Beast!

9.Fiddler- The "Tradition" holds up GREAT!

10.Boy From Oz-Give the Aussie his Tony!

But wait theres MORE GREAT THINGS, Rent, Movin' Out, Mamma Mia all give they're many fans a reason to rejoice and the many drama's to savor, most of all King Lear, Gypsy lives! And NYCO's SWEENEY TODD seduces us with the GREAT Elaine Paige! Is this a GREAT Broadway or what?!

JimVukovich
#338re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 4:32pm

EV - What a great list. You put some thought into that.

EddieVarley
#339re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:25pm

I thought in memory of Podium Person a well thought list was in order.

JimVukovich
#34010 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:36pm

Yeah, he used to get us all motivated. He was really an inspirational guy, that Podium Person.

*melancholy music playing softly in the background*

EddieVarley
#341re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:42pm

"I hear music and there's nooo one there"...we need the eye of the Podium Person Tiger!

JimVukovich
#342re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:48pm

What was the name of that band that sang "Eye Of The Tiger"? That was a GREAT record. The lead singer kicked some major butt.

#343re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:51pm

EYE OF THE TIGER...Survivor did it.

EddieVarley
#344re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/12/04 at 11:52pm

Ugh, what was the name?, somebody Google quick, those power rock singers ripped those ballads apart, ahhh youth. Now that's a GREAT thing.

#345re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/13/04 at 12:04am

Survivor....Eye of the Tiger....Lead Vocal: Dave Bickler

EddieVarley
#346re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/13/04 at 12:06am

Gent you ROCK! Now I can get some sleep! Thx.

JimVukovich
#347re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/14/04 at 2:53am

How many actors/actresses have had 10 GREAT opportunities to have 10 B-way credits? I can't think of one.

#348re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/14/04 at 5:46pm

5 great things about bway on valentines.

1- shows are open
2- couples are enjoying them together
3- broadway cares is selling Valentines themed gifts
4- all the gift shops along broadway makin lots of $
5- all the restaurants getting lots of pre-show busines

Eh, Im not great at lists.
But Im good at HTML.
YYYYY
-Chris

Chrysanthemum62001
#349re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY TODAY
Posted: 2/15/04 at 12:39pm

1. Raul Esparza-Sometimes honest to goodness talent really is recognized in this business.
2. Sutton Foster-Same^
3. I can actually see more than one show a week thanks to rush!
4. You can meet and talk to your idols.
5. Wicked-Every once and a while a musical comes along that will change your future. Sometimes you just gotta fly.
6. There is truly something for everyone.
7. It's the place where dreams come true.
8. Bad days are forgotten when the usher hands me a playbill and says "Enjoy the show."
9. There is always something new.
10. The marquis make me giddy.

Anne Marie

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos