News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY- Page 12

10 GREAT THINGS TO SAY ABOUT B-WAY TODAY

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#275re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 2:20pm

Better than mine? I'm losin' my magic touch!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

sheekala
#276re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 2:31pm

When da Sheekala talks the peoples, they listen! But it's me who will thank you for starting this thread PP, and..(cue music-)"This time you're staying..you're staying for gooood, you'll be BACK where you were born to beeeeee, WITH ONE POST.you'll be PP!"

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

#277re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 2:46pm

Ohhhhhhh Sheekala, you are my new favorite person. Great big wet slopppy kiss to you.

Phantom2 - You'll always be a Phantom Shadow Person as long as you believe.

Broadwayguy2 - You too shall always be that skinny Texan just itchin to escape as long as you believe.

I hear the male ensemble at the Neil Simon is getting a face lift soon. That's GREAT. hmmmmmmmm..... Updated On: 1/22/04 at 02:46 PM

sheekala
#278re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 2:58pm

Oh Podi you flatter me! I'm trying to make a meanful list, but in the meantime, I'm so excited about the upcoming season, classic comedies, musical favorites and some interesting dramatic works, now that is a GREAT thing!

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum Bring gloom down to the minimum Have faith or pandemonium's Liable to walk upon the scene

#279re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 3:07pm

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your list will be GREAT.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#280re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 3:32pm

broadwayguy2 and I feel like chopped liver. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 1/22/04 at 03:32 PM

#281re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 3:40pm

Nothing better to eat than GREAT chopped liver. Especially in NYC in the Broadway district. Oh My, I said something GREAT about Broadway. What a concept for a fun thread.

sheekala
#282re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 3:50pm

Podi trading UP to Sheekala, now that's a GREAT thing for Broadway! Hahaha, there's enough to go around!

#283re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 3:58pm

10 GREAT things on broadway that pertain to anything orange.

1-Avenue Q logo
2-Little Shop flowers
3-Hairspray gym uniform
4-Lion King logo
5-im sure TABOO has orange in it.

-Christina

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#284re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 4:01pm

Hey, that's only 5. Sneaky!! HEHE

#286re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 4:05pm

I put some orange in my hair too, I frequent broadway enough to add myself to the list re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY

-Christina

broadwayguy2
#287re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 4:34pm

"broadwayguy2 and I feel like chopped liver."

"Nothing better to eat than GREAT chopped liver."

Are you propositioning me?? re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY

#28810 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 4:54pm

Do you have any GREAT rye bread to go along with it? Why am I the ONLY person who can provide a list of 10 GREAT THINGS at least every other day? Since you're so informed on the Theatre district, tell me your 10 GREAT things about Stage Deli and Carnegie Deli. You can split them up into 5 and 5.

I'd tell you where to get some the best rye bread but some would consider that a bribe. Updated On: 1/22/04 at 04:54 PM

broadwayguy2
#289re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 4:59pm

Stage Deli and Carnegie Deli??

Hmm.. Never been to either of those places.... I shall have to add them to my list of must do things...

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#290re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/22/04 at 5:02pm

The Art Cafe has GREAT grilled cheese sandwiches.
Today, all the weirdos are out!

#291re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 2:04am

10 great things about current B-way

1 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
2 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
3 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
4 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
5 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
6 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
7 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
8 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
9 - Marc Shaiman is the new MD of the Academy Awards
10 - I can't remember what it is but it has something to do with that guy who wrote the music/lyrics for that current B-way smash, Hairspray.

11 - To all you stuffy types, stand up and celebrate the fact that someone who is hot on Broadway now has a strong hand on the Oscars..............not that he didn't already. This is a fabulous day for all of us. How many really get it?

broadwayguy2
#292re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 2:35am

AMEN Podium. I was VERY excited to hear this!

#293re: re: re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 3:11am

Im sorry, orange just isnt exactly the most common color. Atleast I tried.

-Christina

#29410 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 11:54am

My list for today.

1 - Bernie Telsey
2 - Craig Burns
3 - Matt Lenz
4 - Michele Lynch
5 - Tracy Jai Edwards
6 - Tony Yasbeck
7 - Connie Barron
8 - Keala Settle
9 - Carly Jibson
10 - Harvey Fierstein's replacement - congrats!

#295re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 1:19pm

1. Broadway continues to grow and stretch the traditional roles, treatments, and venues while still keeping touch with the "old school" revivals for today's youth

2. Nathan Lane
3. Baseball on Broadway...Heaven for me...meshing my 2 favs.
4. BLAST! who'd ever thought that drum & bugle corps would sell out Broadway theatres...but they did and i had chills and tears throughout the show.....MORE!!!!!!!!
5. Hottix and last minute great seats at the box office
6. Broadway's ability to utilize corporate sponsorships to perpetuate the high-art while keeping the corporation branding in-check and sophisticated.
7. National Tours that are equal and sometimes better quality than the NYC productions.
8. Marc Shaiman & Scott Wittman
9. Mel Brooks
10. Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS...AMEN!!!!!!!!!

#296re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 1:28pm

Great list!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#297re: re: re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT CURRENT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 3:07pm

My list for today.

1 - Harvey Fierstein
2 - Harvey Fierstein
3 - Harvey Fierstein
4 - Harvey Fierstein
5 - Harvey Fierstein
6 - Harvey Fierstein
7 - Harvey Fierstein
8 - Harvey Fierstein
9 - Harvey Fierstein
10 - Harvey Fierstein

FrontRow
#29810 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 3:17pm

1. Brian Stokes Mitchell
2. Brian Stokes Mitchell's smile
3. Avenue Q
4. The ticket lotteries. A much fairer way to distribute rush tickets!
5. Bush-bashing lines in Hairspray (when Tracy's in jail, she says something like, "Let a court decide an election? That's just un-American!") and Avenue Q and any other show that has 'em
6. the promise of the Fiddler revival
7. Rodgers & Hammerstein, Lerner & Loewe and others responsible for truly classic scores (sorry, but till someone current can produce the way they did, they remain one of the all-time great things about B'way)
8. sets -- often gorgeous even in middling shows
9. the websites it has inspired
10. to adapt a line from a master: It's still here! Updated On: 1/23/04 at 03:17 PM

#299re: 10 GREAT THINGS ABOUT B-WAY
Posted: 1/23/04 at 4:11pm

Hey Front Row, your #5 line is actually "Manipulating our judicial system just to win a contest is unAmerican"!

That is funny ass line. I agree with you.

Videos